Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
- Understand the business scenario, operational scenario and the business case for the project
- Create, enhance and maintain Cognos environmentsreportsFramework Manager models to support business requirements.
- Work with business to design and develop Cognos Analytics reports using Report Studio.
- Design and develop complex reports including Canned/Ad hoc reports, Analysis, Scorecards, Dashboards, Graphical reports using multi data sources, dynamic prompts, macros and complex multiple queries according to user requirements.
- Design, implement, maintain and perform routine administration activities of Cognos Analytics instances.
- Develop custom SQL reports within short period of time and validate Cognos reports using hand written SQL queries.
Train and support Cognos end users (information consumers and power users)
- We are looking for a very strong Cognos BI/Analytics candidate with good knowledge in SQL having more than 4+ years’ experience.
- Should have excellent communication, reasoning and analytical skills.
- Ability to collaborate on a team with infrastructure, data warehouse and business analyst resources, and clearly communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical team members
- Knowledge of BI/Data Warehouse concepts, including dimensional modelling
- Should have experience in FM modelling, reports development and migration of reports to different version of Cognos.
- Should have experience in Cognos 11 installation, configuration and migration of Cognos 10 reports to 11.
- Should be able to work on complex queries in Cognos 11 version.
- Should have a good understanding of requirement and be flexible.
- Must have Development experience in Cognos BI 10 reporting, Cognos analytics and SQL.
- Strong technical comprehension of Cognos 1011 products with hands on experience in Series 8 to 11 products.
- Strong understanding of Cognos installation configuration administration
- Highly skilled in SQL development (Oracle/SQL Server)
- Experience in ETL tools like SSIS/Informatica is an added advantage
- Should be an individual contributor, able to drive work with passion and ensure deliverables are fast.
Education and Experience:
- Engineering degree
- 4-7 years of experience in medium complex data warehouse environment, hands-on Data warehousing project experience and experience in full life cycle Business Intelligence development, implementation, tuning and support.
Intermediate consulting position operating independently with some assistance and guidance to provide quality work products to a project team or customer that comply with Oracle methodologies and practices. Performs standard duties and tasks with some variation to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer specifications.
Standard assignments are accomplished without assistance by exercising independent judgment, within defined policies and processes, to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements.
2-5 years of overall experience in relevant functional or technical roles. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.