Embedded Software Engineer- BMS
(Full-time, part-time, contract, intern)
HR contact (Email ID):
Founded in 2011 by Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati, Ola is one of the world’s largest ride-sharing companies. Ola integrates city transportation for customers and driver-partners onto a mobile technology platform ensuring convenient, transparent, and quick service fulfilment. Ola is focused on leveraging the best of technology and building innovative solutions ground-up, that are relevant at global scale.
Using the Ola mobile app, users across 110+ cities, can connect with over 1,000,000 driver-partners across 900,000 cabs, auto-rickshaws, and taxis. Driven by a hyperlocal approach, Ola is committed to its mission of building mobility for a billion people
In April 2018, Ola announced MISSION ELECTRIC. A collaborative platform to bring one million electric vehicles to the roads for everyday mobility by 2021.
The developments are starting now.
- Design, Develop, Integrate, Test, and maintain embedded bas ic software for Ola Battery Management System
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain basic software components systems and their networks in C and C++.
- Design and implement software for embedded systems from requirements analysis through production and commercial deployment.
- Design and Develop Diagnostics/ Communication stack/ Microcontroller Abstraction Layer/ NVRAM/ Bootloader etc
- Develop documentation including SW requirements architecture and design.
- Work closely with other engineering teams to ensure system functional and interface requirements are met .
- Actively participate in design and code reviews.
- Interact with partners and suppliers in technical discussions throughout the development and deployment phases.
Experience & Skills
- 6 to 12 years of experience in embedded software development in C/C++ on both RTOS and bare metal environments.
- Experience in developing complex drivers for interface with Battery FET Control, Analog Front End (AFE) and System Basic Chip(SBC).
- Working experience in Microcontroller Board Support Packages like ADC, Timer, Capture mode, GTM, SPI, I2C, CAN, UART, Flash Drivers, Watchdog and other BMS HW interfacing drivers.
- Experience with communication protocols such as CAN(-FD), J1939, UDS, SPI, UART, I2C.
- Experience with safety critical RTOS like SAfeRTOS, Greenhill’s Integrity
- Hands-on hardware bring-up, code optimization and system debugging using JTAG/SWD based debugger.
- Comprehensive experience with software Version Control Tools – GIT, SVN etc
- Understanding of RTOS concepts like booting (knowledge of secure boot preferred), scheduling algorithms, memory management, resource distribution, power management etc.
- Comprehensive experience with Vector CAN Tools (CANalyzer, CANoe), Ethernet tools, Emulators, Debuggers, and Compilers
- Experience with 16/32 bits microcontrollers like NXP, STM32 and Microchip MCUs and ColdFire, ARM and/or PowerPC architecture
- Good knowledge of Bootloader development in microcontroller, preferably using dual banking concept.
Good to Have
- Experience with interfacing with Secure Element chips like TA-100, able to use Crypto libraries for AES CBC and SHA-256 operations.
- Technical Safety Concepts – RAM test, ROM test, Lock step, CPU test, MPU, OS configurations would be a big plus
- Working knowledge of ISO 26262 functional safety integrity levels and Familiarity of Autosar architecture, Functional Safety and FMEA.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and Agile Software Development is desired.
- Ability to work independently and provide mentoring to more junior software engineers as needed.
- B Tech/ M Tech in Electronics/C omputer Science
- What to look for at Ola?
- Ola-Story A brief on how we have grown and come so far.
- Ola-Mission and Vision Know us better
- Ola-Media Visit our media page