Job Title: INP038: Software Developer III
Job Requisition Number: RC294589
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Primary Job Posting Location:
Unit No. 7-03, 7th FL, SLN Terminal
Posting Date: 2020-10-16
Job Posting End Date: 2020-11-30
The Software Developer III is a Java Full Stack Developer will be responsible for analysis, design, coding, testing, and implementation of existing and new applications. The ideal candidate will be a strong technical resource with the ability to understand, learn and master many different diverse technologies used across the enterprise, work with minimal supervision, and has ability to work closely with the business and technical resources.
- Collaborate with application development teams, subject matter experts, and third-party application experts to understand the business requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Works with an agile team to code, test, and maintain java applications on Spring Framework and microservices technologies
- Hands on software development that will perform at scalable, reliable, and secured products.
- Review, analyze, troubleshoot, and modify complex core and customized software.
- Respond to complex, escalated customer inquiries/requests for technical/operational support.
- Resolve complex technical matters to meet customer service level agreements.
- Analyze and/or implement corrective action for root cause analysis/fixes or corrective action of defects.
- Follow documented Software Development Life-Cycle standards.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is the top-level contributor or specialist.
- Point of contact for higher level or complex issues and will work with senior levels for resolution.
- This position is full-time and may require after hours or on-call support including, but not limited weekends and evenings.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, or Information Systems.
- Minimum 7 years of overall experience primarily designing and developing Java/J2EE based applications (Java 8 or more), Spring framework and writing JUnits.
- Hands on development experience with Spring Boot & Microservices, and REST services.
- Experience in database design including the ability to write complex queries is required.
- Knowledge of cloud native principles is required.
- Familiarity with version control tools like SVN, CSV, or Git.
- Basic understanding of and willingness to learn and adopt professional and industry standards.
- Results oriented, highly motivated, and technically fluent in all aspects of software design and development.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong collaboration skills and be a team player.
Good To Have
- Knowledge of containerization environment Docker/Kubernetes.
- Knowledge in using OAuth or JWT to secure API.
- Understanding of Message Queues and Topics.
- Understanding of agile principles and methodologies.
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We’re glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
FedEx Logistics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.
FedEx Logistics, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ E-Verify program (For U.S. applicants and employees only). Please ready the E-Verify Notice available in English (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) before proceeding with your job application. Click here to read the Right to Work Notice available in English (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf) and Spanish (http://ftn.fedex.com/careers/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf). Additional information about the E-Verify program can also be found at www.uscis.gov.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless required to do so by law or the FedEx Logistics Legal Department.
Import Notice to All Applicants: FedEx Logistics is engaged in an industry regulated by federal law that prohibits it from employing convicted felons. Therefore, it must determine whether applicants have been convicted of felonies before a hiring decision is made. A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: As a federal government contractor, we are committed to employ and promote qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans (including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. Our philosophy and commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination is the bedrock to job opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status (i.e. race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth, or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.) Click here and here to read more about “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.”
FedEx Logistics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FAIR Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHOO) for the City of Los Angeles (LAMC 189.00)
FedEx Logistics will not rely on the wage history of a prospective employee from any current or former employer when determining the wages for such individual at any stage in the employment process, including in the negotiation or drafting of any employment contract in accordance with Philadelphia Ordinance No. 160840.