The Applications Development Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Utilize knowledge of applications development procedures and concepts, and basic knowledge of other technical areas to identify and define necessary system enhancements
- Identify and analyze issues, make recommendations, and implement solutions
- Utilize knowledge of business processes, system processes, and industry standards to solve complex issues
- Analyze information and make evaluative judgements to recommend solutions and improvements
- Conduct testing and debugging, utilize script tools, and write basic code for design specifications
- Assess applicability of similar experiences and evaluate options under circumstances not covered by procedures
- Develop working knowledge of Citi’s information systems, procedures, standards, client server application development, network operations, database administration, systems administration, data center operations, and PC-based applications
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in programming/debugging used in business applications
- Working knowledge of industry practice and standards
- Comprehensive knowledge of specific business area for application development
- Working knowledge of program languages
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting