- 10 years of experience working in software platform engineering with programming experience.
- 6 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Programming experience in two or more of the following languages: PHP, Ruby, C#, Java, Go, Python, or Node.js.
- Experience with cloud based Serverless, Storage and developer tools technologies.
- Experience working with cloud databases such as RDS, Aurora, DynamoDb, ElastiCache, CloudSQL, Datastore, Firestore, or Cloud Spanner.
- Experience working with 3rd Party Developer Tools (this includes but is not limited to: documentation, APIs, SDKs, Client Libraries).
- Experience participating in online platforms (this includes but is not limited to: Open Source platforms, StackOverflow).
- Experience in a people management role (Manager/Team Lead) in a technical division/organization leading teams with diverse backgrounds (e.g. technology, product, operations, customer facing) to execute on a shared vision.
About the job
As the engineering arm of Developer Relations, we get excited about improving the developer experience. Our focus is on supporting developers who build applications and businesses solutions on Google’s platforms.
As part of the Storage and Databases, Developer Programs Engineering (DPE) team, this position will lead a team of engineers focused on creating idiomatic hand written SDKs (client libraries) and samples for Google Cloud Storage and Databases. Our team largely works in open source and covers library and sample creation and maintenance in a range of languages.
You will help staff and grow a team of engineers focused on a core set of languages: PHP, Ruby, and C#. Primarily partnering with product-aligned DPE teams.
- Build a team of PHP, Ruby, C# experts to build idiomatic SDKs/client libraries, open source integrations, and samples.
- Manage a team technically to reference implementations in Java, Python, Go, or Node.js (built by the product-aligned DPEs), and create high quality translations along with addressing customer issues as they arise.
- Partner with the product aligned DPE team to build a cadence and operating approach to create aligned autonomy for the team.
- Hire and manage a team of Developer Programs Engineers. This includes hiring, management, development, and empowerment. Create a working environment that promotes employee career growth, team health, and impact.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.