Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure team is building its next generation Cloud IaaS/PaaS/SaaS technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with outstanding, foundational cloud networking services.
Our team designs, engineers and operates the security for our world-class cloud services. We are reimagining the traditional enterprise thinking of security and crafting an environment suitable for the most fast paced and security conscience customers with our new large scale distributed services. This team is here to protect the customers, protect our cloud and make sure it is best of breed.
We are looking for individuals with experience in threat hunting, determining indicators of compromise (IOCs), incident management, and red team/blue team activities for our IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments. You will be part of a Detection and Response Team who are responsible for the security monitoring, investigation and reporting of product security incidents for all of the cloud. This includes; using tools to investigate and respond to threats, crafting tools/scripts to aid in quick analysis and response, and responding to security events. The position operates and tunes security-supporting tools, provides requirements for new security tools and builds use cases for additional monitoring situations.
If this excites you, come help us deliver the next level of secure cloud computing. These are exciting times in our space – we are growing fast, still at an early stage and working on results-oriented new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
1. Supervise Oracle Cloud Infrastructure for intrusions by perform hunting exercises using threat intelligence, analysis of anomalous log data and results of historical events and data to detect
2. Develop anomaly detection dashboards and reports to identify potential threats, suspicious activity, and intrusions
3. Supervise for security indicators by correlating and analyzing a variety of application, network and host-based security logs and resolving remediation actions and critical issue paths for each incident
4. Develop scripts to support the automation of the detection and incident response process
5. Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security solutions and technologies
6. Deliver self-service security metric data of discovery, triage and trending analysis of team findings
7. Participate in Red/Blue/Purple team activities
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Security, Management Information Systems, Risk Management or equivalent work experience
2. 2-3+ years of related cybersecurity architecture, engineering, or SOC work experience (monitoring, detection, incident response, forensics)
3. Ability to write scripts/code using Python, Perl, PowerShell, or an equivalent language
4. Excellent written and verbal communications, including presentation skills, are meanintful to be successful in this role
5. Proven ability to effectively connect with all levels of the organization, as well as with external parties
6. Effectively communicate security concepts with both technical and non-technical individuals
7. Preferred knowledge of current sophisticated adversary TTP’s and experience responding to APT attacks
8. Understanding of host and network Incident Response processes, tasks, and tools
9. Knowledge of operational security tools and practices (e.g. IDS, firewalls, & 3rd-party security products)
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
Job: Product Development
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire