Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
- You work backward, starting from the user. You care about creating usable, useful software that solves real problems and brings delight to users.
- You have solid communication skills. You can clearly explain complex technical concepts.
- You work well with non-engineers. You can lead a conversation in a room with designers, engineers, and product managers.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity. You have a strong sense of ownership, and are able to drive development of new projects and features to completion.
- You are comfortable working at all levels of the stack.
- 5+ years experiences delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
- Strong knowledge of C, C++ or Java, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
- Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- MS in Computer Science
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Strong grasp of Unix-like operating systems
- Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure a strong plus.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.