Every day, billions of transactions, calls and messages that hold the world’s communications fabric together run on systems that Amdocs has helped to create.
Because we work with some of the largest and most innovative companies on the planet, our work makes an impact. Over the past four decades, we have continually reinvented ourselves, and as we keep moving into exciting new areas such as media, gaming, IoT, 5G, cloud services and more, there are always opportunities for us to grow and develop. We will nurture your entrepreneurial instincts with open doors and promote your ability to seize the day. Our company is built of amazing people, a supportive atmosphere and a culture built on mutual support, respect and a “feel good factor” that can only happen in a workplace built by the kind of people that Amdocs employs.
Make your career journey with us.
The Java/J2EE Developer will perform software development for Optima R&D group utilizing agile planning and engineering practices. Perform design and implementation of new features and product modules for BSS/OSS suite. Individual will participate in all aspects of software development, including design, development, testing, maintenance, and planning and estimation for new releases.
- Drive complex software design and development, with delivery responsibility through the entire life cycle.
- Use a disciplined approach for design, development, maintenance, and documentation of commercial software products.
- Utilize, evangelize and help drive improvements in software delivery planning practices based on Agile principles
- Work in a team of skilled interdisciplinary professionals in an aggressive and fast-paced environment.
- Design, code, test and debug complex, multi-tier web service applications.
- Develop solutions to complex problems which require ingenuity and innovation.
- Estimate effort for completing new features, enhancements, and defect fixes
- Lead efforts to scope and prioritize design requirements to meet product requirements.
- 2.5 years to 5.5 years of total work experience.
- Must have hands on with – Java, Rest Web Services, Unix/Linux.
- Good to have skills- Microservices, Docker, Oracle DB.
- Inclination and attitude suitable for a pure development role.
- Prefer 2.5 to 5.5 years’ experience in Java / J2EE Development
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary team members.
- Web-Services development experience
- Automated Unit Testing using JUnit / DBUnit or similar tools
- Applied Object-Oriented Design and Analysis experience
- Knowledge of Java Design Patterns
- Experience with “versioning” and change control software (Clear Case preferred)
- Experience developing server side applications written in Java
- Strong SQL skills in writing stored procedures, views and triggers
- Prefer experience in EJB, JMS, XML, Web Services, Active MQ/JMS, RMI, Spring, Web and Application servers
- Database client application knowledge, JDBC, SQL, Oracle
- Linux experience preferred
- Service-Oriented Architecture and XML experience a plus
- Knowledge of Maven, and Agile development methodology preferred.
- You will be challenged with design and develop new software applications
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies