Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world – picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
The communications networking industry is undergoing transformative change and Ciena is leading the charge with a fresh wave of innovation uniting optical and packet technologies. As a trusted partner to over 1,000 customers in 60+ countries, Ciena builds networks that fundamentally changes the way our customers compete. Ciena’s Converged Packet Optical (CPO) business plays an instrumental role in our strategy and is bringing products and solutions to market that win with the pillars of speed – service delivery, agility, and assurance.
Design, develop, and support low-level software to control intelligent devices in a photonics product. Candidate will also develop software subsystems for Inter-Process communication, Synchronized system startup, and Information Model persistence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand hardware functionality and software drivers for monitor and control.
- Understand multi-processor high reliable software system architectures.
- Full life-cycle responsibility for embedded software including requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation.
- Attend meetings, report progress, and interact closely with team members and other teams as required.
- Strong knowledge of C
- Strong knowledge of embedded real-time software development (VXWORKS/LINUX)
- Strong software design, coding, testing, and documentation skills.
- Ability to document progress and results.
- Capability to give technical leadership to small team of software engineers (mentorship)
- Independent self-starter
- Strong commitment to product excellence
- Excellent communications skills
EDUCATION and/or RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors in CS, EE, (MS preferred)
Education and Experience:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline.