We help people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 220 million customers and members visit our 11,096 stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With last fiscal revenues of approximately $486 billion, Walmart employs 2.2 million employees worldwide.
@ Walmart Labs in Bangalore, we use technology for the charter of building brand new platforms and services on the latest technology stack to support both our stores and e-commerce businesses worldwide.
Post Payment Audit Team is responsible for building highly optimized solutions to help audit business save millions of dollars. It deals with huge amount of data coming from various subsystems and highly configurable UI solutions. With our rapidly increasing organization, business and customers need variety of finance related services in real time.
How we achieve this, comes down to the team of smartest technologists from India focused on the entire suite of applications for US, CA and few more international markets.
If you’re inspired by the opportunity to solve complex problems at scale and make a difference for our customers and members, join us.
- Drive the next generation Walmart suite of products and platform and by designing, coding, building and deploying highly scalable and robust cloud based intelligent solutions.
- You will use your engineering experience and technical skill to materially affect how millions of items are forecasted, sold and fulfilled every day.
- Design & code high performance and scalable solutions that meet the needs of millions of Walmart customers and its next generation inbound and outbound system.
- Implement cutting edge models and algorithms that operate on massive amounts of data
- Help and participate with the teams that leverage and contribute to open source technologies
- Make impact on a global scale
- As a Software Engineer you would be working as IC.
- Interact with Walmart cross functional engineering teams as cloud, platform, analytics etc. across geographies to leverage technical expertise and contribute to the engineering community.
- Work with Engineering Lead/architect to develop the best solution and implementations
Our Ideal Candidate
You have a deep interest and passion for technology. You love writing and owning codes and enjoy working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage. You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making and excellent communication with interpersonal skills. You are self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities. You will also have to provide technical leadership and mentoring to a small team of highly talented and motivated engineers to deliver these solutions with highest quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline and experience of 3 to 6 years core software product development experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, databases, operating systems, etc.
- Strong Hands on in designing and developing large scale Scala and Python based applications
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Hands on in REST, Messaging (KAFKA, RABBITMQ etc)
- CI-CD knowledge and working experience on any cloud platform
- Working experience with Java is added advantage