Overview (Bank of America overview, BA Continuum India overview, Business Overview)
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
**BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
Shared Technology Services (STS) is a technology group providing Application Development Shared Technology Services to the Global Business Services. STS is one of several Global Technology & Operations (GT&O) transformation initiatives aimed at simplifying and modernizing our technology and operations environment.
STS is about the people who get our technology work done. STS is about building our own fungible – or interchangeable – pools of in-house technology resources, keeping intellectual capital inside the bank. The members of this group will provide subject matter expertise on their respective technology domains.
The Individual will be a part of Shared Technology Services (STS) providing technology solutions to multiple lines of business. He/she will act as an individual contributor by providing best practices and offering solution accelerators for the projects and collaborate with the delivery team.
- Be a good team player
- Should be able to work in shifts, if business demands
- Flexibility in adapting to team requirements
- Ensuring adherence to development standards, best practices
- Ensuring high quality levels in all deliverables
- Adhere to team’s governing principles and policies
- Participate in mandatory training and cross functions across team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and zeal to acquire domain knowledge
- Participate and contribute to Team/Project Reviews
- Actively involved in Process improvements and automations
- Act as a consultant during project engagements and bring value in every transactions
- Education: B.E./ B. Tech/M.E./M. Tech/BSC/MSC/BCA/MCA (prefer IT/CS specialization)
Experience Range: 1-5 Yrs
- Must have strong knowledge in TSQL/ETL development and Data warehouse concepts
- Experience in development and maintenance of applications using SQL Server, SSIS & SSRS
- Any reporting tool experience preferably – Tableau/SSRS
- Good to have understanding of Hadoop development using tools like Hive, Sqoop, Spark, Impala etc.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, ability to multitask, work well under demanding situations, prioritize and meet deadline
- Knowledge of Banking and Finance domain.
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Job Location: MUMBAI
Work Timings: General Shift (11:00 AM to 8:00 PM)