Role: Application Developer
About J.P. Morgan: J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Banking Technology Cash Portfolio is a Technology team within Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB). We are a technology group whose goal is to provide first class technology services in a first class way to our operations partners and upstream technology colleagues. We do this by ensuring the highest levels of production availability and making sure all post trade processing is in compliance with agreed SLAs.
We have technology teams across the globe. India team closely works with business and technology colleagues in all the locations.
We are looking to build next generation Cash Position management platform to manage cash flows while also supporting the legacy applications/platform.
Role & Responsibilities:
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning.
- Have 8-10 years relevant work experience
- Actively own tasks end to end process – hands on development.
- Actively participate in design discussions.
- Proactively raise issues.
- Stay current with their skills and are interested in learning and using new technologies
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Provide Developer (Level 3) support for the applications on a 24×7 basis – of course on rotation basis.
- Are strong communicators, have good people and team membership skills.
- Bachelor in engineering or equivalent experience
Essential Tech Skills:
- Full Stack Java Developer
- Strong Experience in Core java
- AngularJS (1.X versions) / Angular /ReactJS
- Strong Experience in using Relational databases especially Oracle and writing Complex SQL querying skills
- Strong Object Oriented analysis, design and development skills
- Spring Framework, Spring MVC, JMS
- Spring Restful Services
- Sound understanding of Design Patterns
- Maven, Build tools like Jenkins
- IntelliJ IDE
- Cucumber and JUnit
- Experience in UNIX
- Cache / in-memory management using GemFire
- Focused on quality, testing and production implementation
- Complex problem solving capability
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Financial Domain Knowledge
- Agile Methodologies (Scrum)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.