- Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
- Effectively communicating design concepts using UML diagrams, etc. using collaboration tools such as Wiki’s, Sharepoint etc.
- Developing clean and readable code using a Test Driven Development approach continuous refactoring, object oriented (e.g., SOLID principles)
- Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks and Integration Testing
- Digesting and understanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality which meet needs.
- Effectively working with team members across locations in an Agile development environment
- Maintaining Scrum discipline, focus & delivering tasks in a timely manner as per Sprint plans
- Enthusiastically participating in UAT and production deployments
- Proactively identifying issues in development & UAT and troubleshoots issues in production
Effectively manage team of developers delivering allocated work on time
- 12+ years of hands-on Core Java development experience in Java/J2EE and databases, building transaction processing systems
- Strong object oriented design skills, understanding of architectural and design patterns (factory, MVC, inversion of control, Struts, Spring MVC)
- Excellent Core Java, version 6 and above
- Proven experience in managing teams & people management skills
- Proven track record of team driven quality delivery with high quality code
- Intimately Familiar with web application development technologies such as Java Servlets, REST. Persistence using JDBC and Object relational Mapping.
- Must understand deployments and management of WARs on Tomcat
- Familiar with continuous integration tools such as SVN, Jira, Hudson/Jenkins/Teamcity, Fitnesse.
- Has a good understanding of open source frameworks such as JDBC, Spring, Hibernate etc.
- Multi-threaded programming
- Test Driven Development Skills
Desired Skills (good to have):
- Experience with building large scale distributed, transaction processing systems is a plus
- Source code control software (e.g. Clearcase, subversion).
- XML Parsing Exposure
- RDBMS experience preferably Sybase ASE including stored procedures
- Familiar with client side Java script UI frameworks such jQuery, Angular JS, EXT JS, Backbone
- Bright and enthusiastic, self starter
- Demonstrates continual improvement in terms of individual performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good presentation and influential skills
Qualifications – Internal:
- Engineering Degree (Computer Science preferred) OR Master of Computer Applications
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.