This team sits within the Wholesale Payments Technology Account Services group, which is part of the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB). This is a strategic multi-year investment working on multiple use cases for our clients. Hence we are looking for passionate full-stack Software Engineers in order to build our new capabilities and extend our existing capabilities. In return, the candidate will be able to gain experience of full-stack development using a modern technology stack, and in the process gain experience of working within one of the most mature Agile teams within Banking Technology.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field along with a minimum of 8 years of overall IT experience
- A desire to work on a mature Agile project, with a focus on applying Lean techniques to maximize time spent delivering benefit.
- A willingness to actively particulate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to: refinement of requirements, estimation & planning, platform design & implementation, test & deployment automation, and platform resiliency & support.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications for different audiences, ranging from senior business to junior technology staff.
- A practical & pragmatic approach to working on technical re-engineering, while continuing to deliver business benefit in parallel.
- Knowledge, interest, and application of design patterns and development best practices, continuous availability.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Own and drive software delivery by actively engaging with business analysts, product stakeholders, QA engineers, program managers and partner applications
- Develop and support middleware applications and microservices using Java 8 and above, Spring Boot and other open source technologies
- Enhance and maintain application features and components
- Provide second level support to fixes and solutions for issues in production
- Hands-on full-stack development experience.
- A strong background in Java and developing Spring Boot applications with a good understanding of Java design patterns, data structures and RESTful interfaces is essential.
- Experience of Spring JDBC and SQL is required, together with a working knowledge of relational & NoSQL database systems.
- Experience in UI development using HTML, CSS and any UI framework such as Angular JS (2.0 and above) or React JS or Ember is expected.
- Experience with Continuous Integration technologies, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber, Mocks, JMeter, JUnit, etc. is expected.
- Proficiency in working with the Linux OS and scripts is required
- Knowledge of distributed messaging frameworks like Kafka or IBM MQ.
- An interest in underlying physical infrastructure is advantageous.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.